FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to: Timers?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ursidae

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:34 am

How to: Timers?

I am still learning ISBoxer and I love the challenge however I can't wrap my head around timers (or even wrap my head around wrapping my head around timers). I don't know where to start or how to configure them. I have searched and attempted to reverse engineer them but can't seem to make any head way (is it me or am I using the word 'head' a lot here?). I would love it if someone could point me towards a walk through for setting up a timer. I am hoping to set up a timer to cast a long (2m30s) DoT and then remove it from my DPS rotation until it drops off. I assume I would need a latency timer (1s?), Cast time Timer (1.5s), and Duration timer (3m). I can see how to make Action Timer Groups but how do I set the times? How many Timers should I use? Should they all be individual for this class, character, or spell? And are there any other tips I should know for using, implementing and developing timers?

As always I appreciate any tips and suggestions
Ursidae
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:56 am

Re: How to: Timers?

Timers...
You can configure them in the Action Group Timers, although you can also just create them on the fly when you are configuring actions that will accept them. Any action that will accept a timer (not all do, including those that send keyboard/mouse to the game), has a box at the bottom called...... (wait for it)..... Timer.

This is what it will look like in a Mapped Key Step State Action.

When you bring up the edit box, you can enable a timer, set the time, and either select an existing timer from the drop down (although that does have a little bug), or you can type in a new name, and it will automatically create a new timer.

Anyway as to guides. They are a little thin, but here are a couple of useful posts.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6140&p=28442&hilit=timer#p28442
viewtopic.php?p=34743#p34743 (page two of this thread has pictures and a downloadable Key Map even, if you don't know what to do with the downloadable profile, THERES EVEN A VIDEO FOR THAT!!! - which is new and just amazing that it even exists).
viewtopic.php?p=34918#p34918
<<

Ursidae

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Thank you for those posts Bob, that really helped. I have successfully implemented timers twice, however am having some difficult with a timer for a spell call Thaumatize Pet. It fires intermittently, I can't seem to get it to fire consistently or find a pattern as to why. I would appreciate if you could take a look and let me know what may be causing this behavior.

Here is the ISBoxer profile for you to peruse.
Attachments
Thaumatize pet.png
Key map location and information
Thaumatize pet.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 13133 times
<<

bob

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Because you are disabling the mapped key (or at least the step of it) that you are currently running.

The second and third actions, for which you have "Modify DPS Rotation in Combat Hotkeys Key Map", should really be dealing with Virtual Combat -> DPS Rotation. This particular disable is the cast time it takes for this spell and you do not want to send another command to this character that will prevent them from casting the spell.
We don't touch the combat hotkeys, because we don't need to. We do as much of this actions in the middle of the chain, and not on the ends of it. The reasoning for thi will come later when you might end up with multiple steps or actions in the Combat Hotkeys. We disable the Virtual Combat because it really does nothing, except get replaced by the character specific Key Map, and if we disable the top of that chain (for a period of time), there is nothing to replace...... so we get the result without changing the state of all the important stuff. (NB. this one is the lessor of the issues, but it is a setup you should try and follow).

The forth and fifth actions should be disabling the step (6) in 110: MAG-Cubzytu -> DPS Rotation, not the actual mapped key you are running. You are running this mapped key, and then you want to disable it WHILE IT IS RUNNING. It will cause all sorts of things to not work as expected.

Anyway, heres a picture of it setup correctly.
eqTimers.png
eqTimers.png (44.76 KiB) Viewed 13124 times

p.s. Some of your other Skills are also doing the same thing.......... and a couple aren't.
<<

Ursidae

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Thank you for your help Bob.

I have updated the profile with your suggestions and would appreciate if you would take a look. I think I have made all the changes you suggested but will admit that I am finding it difficult to wrap my head around timers.

Thank you for your help,
Ursidae
<<

bob

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:55 am

Looks right to me, for that particular Key Map and Rotation. I didn't check the others.

Return to Key Maps