FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CPU under-performing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jakkre

Post Thu May 16, 2024 9:47 am

CPU under-performing

Hey,
Back in 2019 I used to be able to multibox 10 accounts on Wotlk 3.3.5. Always had a stable FPS of 60-30 FPS on my system.
Now I have returned to multiboxing on Wotlk 3.3.5 and my system can't even handle 5 accounts any more. I get massive FPS drops in busy areas and the CPU usage goes up to 100%. GPU and RAM usage is never more than 50% so that seems fine. It's really strange that the performance is so bad because I haven't changed any hardware components since 2019.

Things I have done already:
- Format Windows 10
- Updating BIOS
- Updating Graphic driver
- Disable all ingame addons
- lower graphic settings
- changing CPU strategy in ISboxer
- Setting Power control panel to high performance
- Disable core parking

None of that has fixed my issue...
When I check task manager each of my 5 WoW clients takes 10-19% of the CPU usage which is way too much. There is no background application that consumes lot's of reccources.
Temperature seems fine. CPU is 44° max and GPU 57° max

My hardware:
    CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
    Mainboard: ASRock H87 Pro4
    Memory: DDR3 16 GB
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

At this point I don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be highly appreciated!
<<

Jakkre

Post Sun May 19, 2024 5:03 pm

Re: CPU under-performing

I was able to reproduce the problem and it seems like the FPS drops are caused by Innerspace.
Recorded a short clip of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR0z3huHUSw
You can see the game is stuttering and after I close Innerspace the FPS increases from 40 to 60 and the game runs smooth.

When I launch my team through Innerspace everything runs smooth at first. Then after a few minutes the stuttering starts and it can only be fixed by restarting the game or closing innerspace.
This is my ISboxer Config:
https://paste.isboxer.com/paste/409

Hope somebody can help me.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 19, 2024 5:31 pm

There is a new input system which may not work well with older versions of WoW.

You can try disabling the New Virtual Input option in the Inner Space configuration.
<<

Jakkre

Post Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 pm

Virtual Input is already disabled.
Do you think a mapped key or video FX might cause the stuttering?
I also noticed that my game freezes for a short moment whenever I turn key maps ON.
<<

Jakkre

Post Wed May 22, 2024 9:52 am

I have tried Innerspace build 6651 and 6700 but it didn't help. Game is still stuttering...
Unfortunately non of the available builds seem to work very well on wotlk 3.3.5.

Is it possible to download old isboxer builds which work with Innerspace build 6260? I checked https://www.lavishsoft.com/release/isboxer but can't find any download links there.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 22, 2024 10:48 am

There are not really any significant changes to ISBoxer that would cause the issue described. It would be an Inner Space thing (being that Inner Space is the platform, ISBoxer just uses the features in a coherent way).

If it is not working on 6700, there is unlikely to be a specific build could be recommended, as the issue you are having is likely to be external to Inner Space.

The closing of Inner Space is a red herring, as it is still loaded, into every game that it loaded. All you are effectively doing is closing the main interface.

Get a compatibility diagnostic. https://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics#How_to_get_a_Compatibility_Diagnostic
<<

Jakkre

Post Mon May 27, 2024 8:57 am

Here the compatibility diagnositc: https://paste.isboxer.com/paste/411
Hope that helps.
<<

Jakkre

Post Mon May 27, 2024 9:41 am

bob wrote:The closing of Inner Space is a red herring, as it is still loaded, into every game that it loaded. All you are effectively doing is closing the main interface.[/url]

If Innerspace is still loaded in the game then I don't understand why closing it like in the vid fixes the stuttering issue. I just tested it again and closing it increases my FPS by 20.

I noticed that when I do "Export all to innerspace" in ISboxer toolkit that also fixes the stuttering issue temporary.

Return to World of Warcraft