FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Realm of the Mad God - New User

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fdhoff

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Realm of the Mad God - New User

Sorry this is a multipost. I believe my original post should have been in this forum!

Hey everyone,

I'm a brand new user and just bought ISBoxer to multibox (5-10 boxes) Realm of the Mad God, a Shockwave based browser game. I can run it on basically any browser, my preference being either Chrome or Firefox. I'm generally pretty tech savvy - I'm a nerd and know a few programming languages and build my own computers etc. However, I'm still a tad confused and could definitely use some help getting this set up ASAP so I can start boxing. The main cause of my confusion is the fact that Realm of the Mad God is a browser game so I don't think ISBoxer is specifically designed for it - although I hope and assume it is capable of configuring to my needs as that's why I bought it!

Here's I NEED for it to do while playing-

Broadcast all keys to the other four browsers.
Broadcast the mouse to the other four browsers.
Have the ability to disable broadcasting temporarily.
Have very little latency between my original click and the broadcasted clicks.

Here's what I would LIKE for it to do-

Start up 5-10 browsers (Chrome or Firefox preferably) with Realm of the Mad God already logged into my specific accounts (this will save me the time of individually logging into 5-10 accounts, that would suck).
Preferably have these browsers oriented in a multi-boxing fashion.
Allow me to quickly switch between browsers and disable broadcasting so I can choose which character gets what loot.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

My main concern is getting it up and running right now, and possibly the what I would LIKE for it to do category as those might be more difficult for me to figure out.
I have already followed the quick-start guide and when I choose my Realm of the Mad God game only one window opens and nothing else happens.. so obviously that isn't right.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Sorry for the huge post. Thanks everyone!
<<

tanker

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Realm of the Mad God - New User

Innerspace/ISBoxer only works with DirectX 9/11 games, and I don't know if Firefox or Chrome use DirectX.

To try it out, run Innerspace and wait for it to patch to the most recent version.
You will then have an icon in your tray. (looks like a red target reticle)
Right click the icon, and select 'Add Game'
Fill in the name, and executable (path to firefox.exe or chrome.exe)
You can put the URL to the game in the parameters section (I think)
Click OK

Right click the Innerspace icon and select exit.
Make sure ISBoxer isn't running.

Start ISBoxer.
Select menu item 'File->Clear' and say yes
Select menu item 'Wizards->Quick Setup Wizard'
Select 'Other' for the top box
Select 'Firefox' for the second box
Select 'Firefox default profile' in the third box
Click Next
Make up a character name (Bob) and click add
Make up a second character name (Fred) and click add
Click next
Make up a team name (BobFred)
Click next
The next selection depends on how many monitors you have and how they are arranged.
I chose 'Single monitor layout on \\.\Display1 (Swapping, Avoid Taskbar)
You can look at different ones and pick the arrangement you like, it isn't very important right now since this is only an experiment.
Click next
Don't worry about the stuff on the next page, just wait 5 seconds then click next
Click finish

Select menu item 'File->Export to innerspace'
Click the '+' next to 'Character Sets' to expand the section, BobFred should be in there
Right click BobFred and select Launch

When I do this, a second Firefox window opens, but doesn't get resized or positioned, so It isn't working. I have firefox open already, so that may be contaminating the experiment.

Good luck
<<

fdhoff

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks for your help first of all :)

Ah I never exported to innerspace...

It definitely doesn't seem to be working on firefox. When I try my chrome version only one window opens so I'm not sure what is affecting that. I can do the resizing on my own that really isn't the end of the world.
<<

tanker

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:18 pm

If Innerspace doesn't take control of the window (resize, remove borders, locate it where configured) then you won't be able to do any of the mouse or keyboard stuff either.

Edit: You might try downloading the shockwave player from adobe, and see if Innerspace can run it.
<<

fdhoff

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 pm

That's unfortunate. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll grant me a refund, oh well.

Edit: Not really sure how to do that. There isn't a specific shockwave.exe or anything
<<

fdhoff

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Oops apparently it is a flash game.
<<

Kaische

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:04 am

You may want to wait a few weeks until ISBoxer 40 is released, in this version Lax add a new feature:

* Views from non-game windows (including your web browser, media players, etc) are available, with interactivity!

Then you can even multibox a flashgame :)
<<

fdhoff

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:10 am

ImageSo I figured out how to get it into a client version via the SWF file and a converter to .exe. I'll update if anything else goes my way.

Edit: Well, it's still only booting up one game just like in the browser. Well that's good that there will be more support in a few weeks. It just sucks to wait!
<<

fdhoff

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:51 pm

So can anyone confirm that what I'm looking to do will be doable in the next version of ISBoxer? Because it would seem from the Beta notes that no I cannot... In which case I need another solution.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:00 am

I can't confirm anything for you because I have not specifically tested this game. Browsers are significantly different than 3D games and pose significantly different problems for multiboxing. There's not much else I can say at this point
Next

Return to Realm of the Mad God