FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Difficulty getting one of my 4 slaves to do anything

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mustangcobra

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Difficulty getting one of my 4 slaves to do anything

Hi guys, after banging my head on a wall and deleting my warlocks and running the wizard and starting over time after time I'm asking to see if someone can help me. I have 5 warlocks and 2 monitors, I run the main on the main screen and the 4 slaves on the other 19", I just used the wizard and I'm mapping deathcoil to = on bar 5 button 11 on my bt4 bar. 3 of my slaves run the command mapped to that bar (simply press = which is where deathcoil icon is straight out of my spellbook in wow). So no macros of my own are involved. So 3 of the 4 slaves run it fine whether I do roundrobin with steps or just plain tell them all to fire it with no roundrobin involved, I even tried turning on broadcasting and yet again all 3 slaves will do it but not the 1 slave. What weird is the slave acting up will target whatever the main and other slaves are but he just won't push his button lol. I even tried changing the FTL key binding to him (left shift, right shift etc) but if i change him to what a lock that was working is and change that lock to what he was the lock that was working still works and the lock on the slot3 still won't push = for deathcoil on his bar, I've done a ton of reading to see if I could figure this out but here I'm am asking for help,,,help! lol

p.s. maybe this will help with someone that knows ISBoxer really well, I can actually switch to the window (warlock on slot3) that is the issue and make him my main and press = on my keyboard and he fires it off just fine, I can even have him as a slave and get him to fire it off my leaving the window small where he is make that window live and press = and he fires it too, its almost like he's not getting this broadcast.

Weird thing is I've setup 1-2 keys of my own that basically just is mapped to tell them all to press shift-F1 to cast fel armor and he listens and does it with the other slaves, but I can't get only this slave to work with any of the FTL premade buttons, its very odd

EDIT I just realized, if i click in his window or make him the main window and map keys is OFF he will fire the command by me simply press = but he will not fire it off only target the target and not press the button to fire it if key map is on. He's the only window acting like this, the other slaves work either way. Under Warlocks, then slots, then his slot# his world of warcraft FTL modifier is Left CTL, I've even tried changing that to several other combos and isn't helping me out. weird thing is he'll run the shift-F1 and shift-F2 buttons that are mapped and act like the other slaves when i run those 2 keys, but he won't act right when I setup the - FTL either, so both the - and = FTL's don't work on him

EDIT: Trying to give as much info as possible, found out another thing, if i disable mapkeys and enable broadcast he will fire with the rest of the slaves (= equal key or - dash key) but if mapped keys is turned on he will not do it either way

EDIT: Figured something else out messing around, on my 4 slaves, all 4 have = as the keymap on the bar, if i leave on keymapping and on the slave that is having issues manually map CTL SHIFT = he'll play along like he should, just weird that he's the only slave that i have to manually map like that, the others work just by the = key on the bar

Well i got this to work right, hopefully this all can help someone else, my quick fix tonight was to overwrite the slave with the problems bindings-cache.wtf with one of the slaves that was working, I still couldn't figure out why that worked but something obviously wasn't just right....
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: Difficulty getting one of my 4 slaves to do anything

I'm guessing it has to do with the keybind for Bartender.

Since the slave is assisting correctly, the mapped key is firing off.
It has all of your toons acquire the target of the main/active window.
It then sends = to all of the windows.

I would guess = is not bound to whatever button, on the one warlock.
It doesn't sound like IS Boxer is configured incorrectly.

You could post a pastebin or your config, and Lax could tell you for sure if you have something configured wrong.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

mustangcobra

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Difficulty getting one of my 4 slaves to do anything

I got this working correctly, ya it had turned out to be something funny in the keybinds in bartender or wow, i took the bindings-cache.wtf file from one slave and overwrote the others manually, fixed it right up lol

Return to General discussion