FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Mapping? [Solved!]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Avinaria

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:42 pm

Key Mapping? [Solved!]

I am still new to IsBoxer, I want to remap my 7890-= keys I thought I did it but when I press in game the new maps xreqz it does nothing.

How do I map them?

http://pastebin.com/UmHbnL4f

edit: I should mention in game (wow) I have my keys set to 123456xreqz
Last edited by Avinaria on Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Key Mapping?

No idea without seeing it. Usually you need to share your config for that kind of analysis.

However, at a guess. You created a new keymap and did not assign it to your character set.
<<

Avinaria

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:50 pm

bob wrote:No idea without seeing it. Usually you need to share your config for that kind of analysis.

However, at a guess. You created a new keymap and did not assign it to your character set.

Thanks, I edited the first post.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:01 pm

You've altered the Hotkey Set for the Menu, but have not altered the Button Set, and it's still going to send the number row even though you're pressing letters. So, go into the Button Set (Standard Assist & Broadcast) and change the Key Combinations of each of numbers you wanted to re-map.

Also, you should probably remove any duplicate keys that are being sent, so you can delete the conflicting Mapped Keys located in the Combat Key Map.
<<

Avinaria

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:40 am

MiRai wrote:You've altered the Hotkey Set for the Menu, but have not altered the Button Set, and it's still going to send the number row even though you're pressing letters. So, go into the Button Set (Standard Assist & Broadcast) and change the Key Combinations of each of numbers you wanted to re-map.

Also, you should probably remove any duplicate keys that are being sent, so you can delete the conflicting Mapped Keys located in the Combat Key Map.

I did what you said, but it still is not working :(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:48 am

Avinaria wrote:I did what you said, but it still is not working :(

Every change that you make needs an updated profile so that we can review those changes.
<<

Avinaria

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:51 am

MiRai wrote:
Avinaria wrote:I did what you said, but it still is not working :(

Every change that you make needs an updated profile so that we can review those changes.

Ah right sorry, here it is then http://pastebin.com/5A6L5BvQ
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:25 am

Assuming you exported from ISBoxer after you made the changes, then the Menu is working as intended (I tested your profile over here).

However, I'm not entirely sure what you want to happen when you press those newly re-mapped keys since you are overriding the Standard Assist & Broadcast Button Set with just the Standard Broadcast version of it. This means you're only sending keystrokes with no assist, and if you want your non-focused character to assist the one that you're playing from, as well as use an ability, then you should be using the Standard Assist & Broadcast Button Set (i.e. remove the overrides you have in place (upper left pane > Character Set > lower left pane > click on Standard Menu > remove overrides)).
<<

Avinaria

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:13 am

MiRai wrote:Assuming you exported from ISBoxer after you made the changes, then the Menu is working as intended (I tested your profile over here).

However, I'm not entirely sure what you want to happen when you press those newly re-mapped keys since you are overriding the Standard Assist & Broadcast Button Set with just the Standard Broadcast version of it. This means you're only sending keystrokes with no assist, and if you want your non-focused character to assist the one that you're playing from, as well as use an ability, then you should be using the Standard Assist & Broadcast Button Set (i.e. remove the overrides you have in place (upper left pane > Character Set > lower left pane > click on Standard Menu > remove overrides)).

I want both of them if I switch windows (I do some times) to mimic the other.

So I am playing on Character A and have B as the second window, if I press X on A I want X to be pressed on B and vice versa if I switch the windows. I am super new to ISBoxer sorry if I am being difficult!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:50 am

So ISBoxer is smart, and you do a single configuration, which applies to all game instances that it controls. You can do game instance (window/Slot) specific, but that is not the default setup.

So, anyway, do what MiRai said, and you shall have as you desire.
i.e. remove the overrides you have in place (upper left pane > Character Set > lower left pane > click on Standard Menu > untick the overrides.

Doing so will bring the standard Assist+Broadcast buttons back into play, so when you press you hotkeys or click on the green buttons, then the OTHER toon (the slave as I like to call them) will Assist your current main (take their target usually), and the other keystroke will be sent to all toons i.e. the 1234567xrqef. This will work regardless who is the current main.
Next

Return to Key Maps