FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Mapping Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ripeavocado

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:30 pm

Key Mapping Issue

I'm multiboxing two enhancement shamans on WoW, but the key mapping is acting strange. I started a duel between the two characters so I could test my issue easily; when dueling, if I try to attack from the master character, it attacks, but the slave character targets it's self and does nothing. If I switch to the slave character, and attack the master character, it works perfectly and the opposite character copies the spell perfectly (which is what I want). I have noticed if I constantly spam the 1 key for example, it cycles between targetting it's self and the actual target, which I would prefer not to happen.

The default 1 - = keys work on both, if I press the 1 key on either of the characters, both will automatically target each other and attack, but the key maps I added don't seem to work as well. I tried replicating the default 1 - = key maps, but it still doesn't work.

This is what I do:

Wizards > Mapped Key Wizard > Combat > Straight Key Broadcast (I have also tried assist and broadcast) > Choose hotkeys > Window:All w/Current

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: Key Mapping Issue

The default setup for WoW for the keys 1 to = is Assist+Broadcast.

If your main targets the slave, and then you send an Assist ME to the slave, then the slave will target whatever the main is Targeting. In this case themselves!!!.

But tbh, you should probably share your profile so we can see what is configured.
<<

Ripeavocado

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:50 pm

bob wrote:The default setup for WoW for the keys 1 to = is Assist+Broadcast.

If your main targets the slave, and then you send an Assist ME to the slave, then the slave will target whatever the main is Targeting. In this case themselves!!!.

But tbh, you should probably share your profile so we can see what is configured.

Oh yeah, didn't realize I could do that. Here is the link:
http://pastebin.com/nnDFp5be
<<

Ripeavocado

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:55 pm

After testing it while not in a duel, the default 1 - = keys work fine, but my personal key maps don't. Should I make new key maps under assist + broadcast?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Assuming you exported your changes to Inner Space (File > Export), I see no reason why these Mapped Keys wouldn't work, outside of the fact that they won't assist unless you press Alt+A beforehand.

I also wouldn't test them while in a duel since I doubt each character can assist the other (seeing as they're hostile toward each other in a duel), and if they could, then the non-focused character would be targeting themselves after assisting.
<<

Ripeavocado

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:14 pm

MiRai wrote:Assuming you exported your changes to Inner Space (File > Export), I see no reason why these Mapped Keys wouldn't work, outside of the fact that they won't assist unless you press Alt+A beforehand.

I also wouldn't test them while in a duel since I doubt each character can assist the other (seeing as they're hostile toward each other in a duel), and if they could, then the non-focused character would be targeting themselves after assisting.

My keymaps don't seem to be targetting things on the slave like it does when I use the default 1-= keybinds. Would this be fixed by using assist and broadcast keymaps?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Yes
<<

Ripeavocado

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:31 pm

bob wrote:Yes

Thanks, working fine now.