FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Do not advance to the next step

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Re: Do not advance to the next step

Your test must be set up incorrectly. All the actions in a single step are executed at the same time. All the steps are not executed at the same time. A step is executed on each cycle of the hotkey (a cycle being you pushing down and then letting go of the keyboard key).

If your top level mapped key is set to execute a step on "press OR release" then you might get 2 steps executing with each full cycle of the key (one on pushing down and one when you let it go again), but the default is normally to only execute on released, and this should only have 1 step per cycle of the key.
Last edited by bob on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ru2

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:30 pm

bob wrote:A step is executed on each cycle (press/release) of the hotkey.

The second mapped key doesn't have a hotkey set since it is called by mapped key 1. Is that the issue?
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:44 pm

This is an example of what I described, although depending on what your actual aim is, the targets might be different.

You can also copy this KeyMap, and paste it into ISBoxer if you want to view it.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=XtT8TUiC
Copy all the text, right click on the Key Maps node in the top left of ISboxer, select "Paste Key Map from Clipboard"
<<

ru2

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Sweet. I'll try that.

The hotkey for Buff Rotation is Alt+1. Then you have Buff 1 one send Alt+1 to the game. I would replace that action with a buff spell, right?
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 pm

ru2 wrote:The hotkey for Buff Rotation is Alt+1. Then you have Buff 1 one send Alt+1 to the game. I would replace that action with a buff spell, right?
Correct. Replace the hotkey and the keystroke as you need. I just used a couple of values as fillers. The Buff 2 is set to send ALT+2 in my sample setup.
<<

ru2

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Bob, That works great.

This will result in a huge improvement for my rotations.

Thank you so much for all your help. :)
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm

np.

This functions even better if you add virtualisation into it, because then your rotations are character/class specific and they just work, regardless of who is in your team, and all the timing stuff just happens.

I have to admit, the post I originally linked you to can be hard to get your head around because it includes virtualisation (which is not all that different in setup to the sample) AND the lower level rotations are managing 3 different game skill paths (i.e. game trait trees), so all the disabling/enabling stuff that goes on can confuse the beginner.

Hopefully this will give you, and others, a better understanding of how it can work for you :).
<<

ru2

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:57 pm

I am using virtualized key maps. I thought your example might need modifying to work with that but it seems to work fine once I matched everything up.
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:56 am

If I was doing it properly then I would have had more Key Maps. As it was it was so you could see the chain.
When using virtualisation it is pretty similar.
The differences are:
  • You have 3 Key maps involved. Hotkeys in one, calling Virtual Combat, which is then substituted by a Class/Character Key map.
  • The disabling/enabling of the Buff Rotation mapped key steps (actions 2/3 - Mapped Key Step State Action) becomes disabling of the Virtual Combat mapped key (Mapped Key State Action). TBH it doesn't have to, but it seems cleaner this way.

p.s. I'm sure you got this. I'm just adding it in there for the next person :)

edit. Added a picture, and a sample config.

A sample picture (ignore my bushpig editing skills - I use MSPaint as it's all I can cope with).

And the config that goes with it. Copy all the text on this page, right click Key Maps in the top left of ISBoxer and select Paste Key Maps from Clipboard. Note I renamed the Key Maps in the sample to be prefixed with _999_, so they shouldn't muck up or match any of your existing Key Maps.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=BYh0ubkU
Previous

Return to Key Maps