Post Thu May 09, 2024 1:08 pm

City of Heroes

I'm getting back into ISBoxer after a few years but this time with CoH. I used ISBoxer with EQ a few years ago and loved the picture-in-picture playstyle with my other boxes.

Does anyone know if this capability can be done with ISBoxer in CoH as well? If so, I want to get everything set up. Even if it can't, I'd love to try to get it working so I can see if any features make multi-boxing worth it for my playstyle.

During the process, I am going to create a How-To guide since there aren't really any out there, and the one on this site is a little outdated. But I'm going to need some help getting this done as I've already run into a problem that I can't figure out...IS and ISBoxer are installed and I have everything configured with my characters and such. However, when I tell IS to start the game, it goes to the Homecoming screen and I log in but then the window changes to only fill the top-quarter of my screen and I can't do anything. I can hear the game music playing but can't see the game. I've tried multiple Window Layout configs and can't get it to work.

My ISBoxer skills might be rudimentary now but by the time I'm done with the guide, maybe it will help others in the future. I do some tech writing in my career so feel I can add some value.

Anyone willing to help out?

Update: I figured out the window issue already, of course right after I posted this for help. I was launching the default profile which caused the issue but when I launch the Character Set, it works. New issue now. It launches and I come to the Homecoming screen and click Ready, it logs in and I have the screen I want. Problem is, when it launches the 2nd character, it goes to the Homecoming screen which says "Running" and I can't move past that. I know the problem is that it is launching from the same directory but I can't figure out how to tell ISBoxer to use the second installation for my second character.